- [engl] As came out of a psychiatric prom, their psychedelic fanfare accelerates the synapses in a scheme between free jazz and Lyncheana school surf, acidest funky fermenting guitars which covers the darkness of sax. Hurtful as a razor on a blackboard, abstract in their melodic development 'til causing assonant rythms in our hearts, all the waves are over, and now we can do nothing but wait for the industrial apocalypse to come while trying to tune the last breaths of magnetic fields in an old radio. Crouched mutants behind the amplifiers, mute soundtrack of a William S. Burroughs' novel, starving noise in a mercurial beach in Almeria. "Les Rauchen Verboten" is a musical experimentation project made and performed by Jesús Alonso (drums in Corcobado and Motel 3) A.L.Guillén (guitar in Sefronia and Alondra Santori) and the mythical Justo Bagüeste (IPD, Chatarreros de Sangre y Cielo y Lijas) who contributes with his saxo and minimoog. In the five tracks of their debut LP, we will find compositions that swing between postmodern cabaret and a caustic jamming with echoes of Suicide, making us wonder what would have happended if the Cramps have continued as an instrumental band and Poison Ivy have bought analogical synthesizers to forget the pain.
- [engl]In Summer 2004, after their successful performances at Go Lleida and Magic Festival venues, COOL FROG contacts Bip Bip Records label who propose them to feature in one of their well-known compilations “Bip Bip Hurrah!” The release is also supported by some of the famous Flying Zirkus organized as well by the label. COOL FROG gets then to perform in Barcelona venues such Bikini, Sidecar or Magic. COOL FROG turns out to be a cult band. The next step appears to be recording at the studio. Such recording gets finally into the band’s debut album. With the name of “Tapping Songs” Bip Bip Records releases COOL FROG’s first album in January 2006. In September 2007 they get to the studio again to record their second album “Inlet”. After searching for a new record company for a while, COOL FROG signs up with Rock Indiana and in February 2009 “Inlet” is finally Released along with a big and new tour to present the album which takes the band to play in venues abroad and overseas. In September 2009 COOL FROG were picked as the winners of the first contest “Talentos Puro Cuatro” of CUATRO TV Spanish Channel. Such career had to be backed by someone else and that’s it! In February 2011 “Inlet” has been re-released on Clifford Records on a vinyl edition.
- [engl] “The Championship Cup” [clifford001LP] is the long-awaited comeback by The Yellow Melodies, from Murcia (Spain). After a long time since their leader Rafa Skam has been involved in other projects -his huge fanzine ‘El Planeta Amarillo’, playing guitar in Vacaciones [Elefant Records]; photographer at music festivals; tour promoter, and so on), he has now decided to reactivate his all time band, the one that reflects best his musical influences. So here they are again The Yellow Melodies, with Rafa Skam and Pilar Aparisi, as well as the new guys Jesús González and Jaime Belmonte, as they come back to present their fourth record, “The Championship Cup”, with a lot of of enthusiasm and savoir-faire; this mini-album has a gorgeous production, and it is full of beautiful arrangements. It shows this band’s talents throughout this mini-lp in a 10 inch vinyl, that will satisfy the sunshine pop and 60’s psychedelia lovers as well as classic and contemporary british pop fans. The mini-lp is released exclusively on vinyl, as a gift for those who love appreciating pop in its natural state.
- [engl] From the headquarters of Clifford Records we are proud to bring you the first official collection of songs by Moon Unit, a group based in Almería, Spain. With true British savoir faire ‘In Six Moves’ (Clifford0002LP) is a rock-tastic album in a luxurious 10 inches of vinyl that has you hooked from the moment the needle of your stereophonic equipment hits the groove, and you begin the feel its prickly-crunchy sound. A rising from the heart of the best of British pub-rock picking up an influence from the mod revival of the ‘70s along the way with elegant songs which transport us to a way of feeling music and life itself as a vehicle of inseparable expression; or as they themselves like to put it: ‘retro-futurism with a contemporary touch’. And nothing more. But from Clifford Records we know that it’s true and that ‘In Six Moves’ is the first chapter of an exciting trip that takes them back to a particular moment in their lives – that which finds David Bailey walking the streets of Woking looking for records by The Jam and The Only Ones – and which will fire us towards a future as full of hope and as radiant as ‘Shine’, the first cut on ‘In Six Moves’.
- [engl] For the very first time on luxurious high quality vinyl, Clifford Records pays homage to Raspberries, the legendary American band from the early seventies who have influenced innumerable prestigious musicians and fans all over the world. Classic Pop since 1970!!! The LP includes sleeve notes by Bruce Springsteen, Paul Stanley, Steven Tyler, Jon Bon Jovi, Little Steven, etc. Featuring: Cooper, Suzy & Los Quattro, The Rubinoos, Pony Taylor, Moon Unit, The Yellow Melodies, Quant, Los Inéditos and Ana Lógica. On White Vinyl!
- [engl] Clifford Records Marlovers is releasing a precious 7”EP from this sextet from Palma de Mallorca which represents the debut of one of the bands that has earned the most credit during the last years. Followers of the radiant and dreamy independent pop from the 80s but outrageously up-to-the-minute, Non Stop Dreaming presents four songs, four crystal-clear and immaculate melodies with wonderful female voices and an absolute elegance. For listeners fond of Razorcuts, St.Etienne, Madder Rose, Birdie, TFC, Heavenly, etc. Marlovers, however, transcend the Indiepop instinct that earned them so many good moments to step onto the triumph of the pop song. It is almost impossible to label them.