- Grad kam ja erst das neue Album der Ösi-Garage Monster an den Start, da haben sich die Staggers auch schon wieder zu einem Splitrelease eingefunden. Gut so - die Buben schmeißen wieder mit wunderbarster Farfisa-Fuzzing-Garage-Action um sich, bei ihrer Version von "Little Latin Lupe Lu". Da rollen sich mir die Zähennägel auf - im positiven natürlich! Auf der Flip ist der Frontmann dann mit seinem neuen Projekt dabei. Klar gibts da ähnlich wie bei den Staggers Fuzz ohne Ende, gecovert wird die 60s Punknummer "where you gonna go" von Art Guy.
- Garage / Powerpop
- The Nederbietels hail from world's largest portal town: Rotterdam, Holland.They are fine purveyors of raw European beat music and that garagey Nederbiet from Holland. The four Nederbietels are veteran teenagers who have been around in vintage rock'n'roll for two decades. The Herring Fab Four is made up out of (ex-) members of The Perverts, The Apemen and The Ragtime Wranglers. They dress in white provo-style, very hip but certainly not hippie. The sound of The Nederbietels is enriched with the vocal harmonies of The Everly Brothers, the crudeness of Q65 and The Outsiders, the skill of The Easybeats, the humour of The Beatles and the demented authentic wildman stage behaviour of The Who. The Nederbietels can easily compete with the five top beat bands since the day Brian Jones died, as you can hear on their three releases, the 45RPM 7' four song EP Can't You See on their own Klootzak Records, their 7' single Kejje Nagaan on Tear It Up Records and their brand new single released on Screaming Apple Records by their neighbours from the East featuring On My Mind b/w Where To Run. The two new tracks have been recorded in the North Spanish vintage recording studio Circo Perrotti. Where To Run is a killer Nederbiet classic, originally performed by The Haigs.
- After the success of their two monster 45s on the US label BLACK LUNG and their EP on the ''Mighty Apple'', the crusaders of rawk and roll mayhem are now going to conquer the whole planet with their longawaited debut-album ''Big Bobby rocks & his nightcaps roll''. Hailing from Norfolk,Virginia, the band that features ex members of the M-80?S and the CANDY SNATCHERS, recorded 15 brandnew tracks for this album, which can be described best as a wild rockin? rollercoaster ride through the garages of the last four decades. Influenced by the rock?n?roll invasion of the Fifties, the teen-punk spirit of the Sixties and the aggression of the punk-rock of the Seventies, Bobby and his drunken bunch will kick ass and certainly take no prisoners. Just imagine Jerry Lee Lewis and Jeff Conolly?s DMZ would jam with with the CYNICS and got even joined by the SWINGIN?NECKBREAKERS and you know you can expect the hell of a smokin? slab?o?wax.
- engl.: Just imagine: a dynamic rock?n?roll band, combining the most captivating elements of the mid-60?s British Invasion and the late 70?s new wave, occupying a really cool DMZ between the WHO, the HOLLIES, the ROMANTICS and the RAMONES, playing live shows that convince you that you?ve witnessed the most exciting rockin?pop combo on the whole friggin?planet, and making records that fully capture the giddy thrill of those live shows. Now imagine that all started 25 years ago,and you never even heard of the band responsible - until now. The band is the FLASHCUBES - the great lost power-pop group of the 70?s, an act now rightly referred to as ''legendary'' by pundits who know what they?re talking about. And now, the FLASHCUBES are back, with a brand new studio album with the self descriptive title ''Brilliant!''. The band started in 1977 in Syracuse, NY recorded just two singles, including one of thee power-pop classics ''Christi girl'' and sadly broke up in 1980. Through the years their legend grew and by the early 90?s more people had heard of the FLASHCUBES than had ever actually heard them.When RHINO RECORDS included ''Christi girl'' on a power-pop retrospective called ''Come out and play'', the FLASHCUBES decided it was time to live up to their legend.
- No idea how Ritchie of Screaming Apple always finds these great bands! This time he got ahold of talented & young Powerpoptrio from Sacramento, home of THE DECIBELS! Armed with Rickenbacker guitars and Vox amps, theMALLRATS play infectious power-pop influenced by the JAM, the BUZZCOCKS, ElvisCostello, INSOMNIACS, Mr.T.EXPERIENCE and of course, the DECIBELS. Bart Thurber (ODD NUMBERS, WORKIN?STIFFS, HI-FIVES) produced this killer 13 track album (12 on Vinyl)..and believe me..theres no dull track on this!
- For many, many years we were trying to track down the original album recordings of ''Hanging out'', this real late 80?s teen-punk masterpiece by one of the east-coast?s best kept secrets, THE PROJECTILES and finally we got our sweaty hands on them. This album which was supposed to be released on VOXX, never saw the light of day and this is a real shame as it?s certainly one of the highlights of the 80?s garage revival. THE PROJECTILES came from Rochester, NY, the same little town THE CHESTERFIELD KINGS were hangin? around, trying to teach their neighbours the real meaning of pure rock?n?roll and not unlike the KINGS they were totally devoted to all the mindblowing garage-punk sounds of the 60?s. Some of the members later joined such great bands like 1313 MOCKINGBIRD LANE, SUSAN & THE SURFTONES and the RIVIERA PLAYBOYS. After two brilliant 45s on JARGON RECORDS they recorded this whole album filled with incredible organ-drenched, fuzz-punk jewels you need to hear to believe it. Their originals could?ve been taken from any of those classic 60?s punk comps. and their well chosen cover versions just simply blow you away in all their authenticity. Their historical importance is unquestioned and that?s why we?re really proud to bring you this long lost nugget of pure 60?s garage brilliance and hope to give back the band at least some of appreciation they really deserve.
- Here?s the latest and greatest thing to come out of Sacramento since I don?t know what. It?s this mystery band called THE REAL BAD NEWS with their debut album ''Black & White & Red All Over''. This act, which reminds us so much of the legendary UNTAMED YOUTH, can really lay down the 60?s frat thing with a lot of feeling and guts. They were discovered by Deke Dickerson while they opened for him in California?s capital city. Give a listen - it?s straight forward rock?n?roll with a decided bent toward the pre-BEATLES sixties (justdig all that glorious organ and tenor saophone). And man, they even have their own theme song. Not much is known about the band, but if you listen to the brilliant vocals, you seem to hear Deke Dickerson singing. Hmm, is there maybe even a closer contact between him and the band, than we all thought?! Who know?s. Fact is, that the album got engineered and produced by Deke Dickerson and that he?s written the liner notes too, so let?s listen to what he?s saying about them. '' In the last couple of years, ''garage rock'' has made the headline with such acts as the WHITE STROKES. I haven?t really taken a fancy to any of these bands, personally. To me, they just don?t have any HEART or any SOUL. I had just about given up on this ''garage rock'' phenomenon until that fateful night at Old Ironsides in Sacramento, California, when a band called THE REAL BAD NEWS open up for me.
- Finally this is a band that can compete with theee mighty TELL TALE HEARTS! After two smashing 45s on Shake your Ass (now deleted) and Corduroy..here is the debutalbum!! A first look on the cool cover and you know what you will find inside: Primitive, stomping, manic Rhythm & Blues Garage Slop at it's best! 13 creeping killertunes in best style as their fave 60's bands, PRETTY THINGS DOWNLINERS SECT Q 65 and THE MISSING LINKS...or even wylder as their 80's faves, CRAWDADDYS or WYLDE MAMMOTHS!! Be prepared for some of the wildest moments in Rock'n Roll History..listen to 2 outtasite coverversions by THE SCORPIONS ( the Nederbieters, of course) & THE PRIMITIVES!
- It's time to introduce you to the new ambassadors of rock'n'roll and believe us, we're talking about the real thing! Here comes this band that has captured the musical phenomenon which came creeping out of millions of garages from the late 50's to the mid 60's and carries it forward into today's dreary world of lame mainstream rock and inedible lo-fi bullshit. Calling Rochester, New York their home, THE RIVIERA PLAYBOYS represent the epitome of a new breed of 60's garage rock'n'roll combos. The band that includes ex members of THE CHESTERFIELD KINGS, THE PROJECTILES, THE INSIDERS and SUSAN & THE SURFTONES delivers timeless music that has a powerfully menacing quality, and is best described in their own words as ''raw, electrified r'n'r!''. Driven by fuzz & reverb drenched guitars and wailin' organ sounds, all their songs got this distinctive primal approach, but the music still has this veritable melodic content and amazing vocal harmonies. They guide us through their wonderful own little musical world, a place where you can still find those primitive garage-punk rituals done by prehistoric cavemen banging big rocks together, a place where people still wiggle to the classic sixties beat, a place where the beauty of twangin' folk sounds is still respected, a place where people don??t have to be ashamed to be devoted to traditional r'n'r.
- Ready for the next BIG ONE?? Catch the next wave with Sweden?s one and only SLUMBERJACK. Fast?n?catchy surfin? drag-punk in the tradition of bands like PSYCHOTIC YOUTH, DEMONICS and SONIC SURF CITY. Two different side?s..like the fast & rawk?n rolling ''Babes `n`Wheels'' side with tracks like ''ma machine'', ''pinball queen'' or ''rollercoaster ride''..or the more surf-poppier side ''Surf`n?Babes'' w/tracks like ''surfing with miss high school'' or ''babe-o-rama''!
- this is the amazing debut-album by one of the most promising new bands from Japan. Combing traditional power-pop and classic pop-punk, these four youngsters recorded an album full of incredibly catchy and sweet tunes played at a real high energetic level.
- From Downunder Australia comes this Party Swinger!! This is the perfect Soundtrack for your next Cocktail Party!! Their Debut Album is a hip shaking mix of early 6t?s frat-rock, wylde garage-punk and swingin?instrumentals. Ex CRUSADERS, HEKAWIS. For all those who miss FORTUNE & MALTESE & UNTAMED YOUTHS!! Crazed out Tiki & Cocktail-style Coverart! Let?s have a martini!